Here you will find the ultimate list of the best top 29 tools for spying on your competitions. No matter what field you are playing on, there will always be competition to contend with and using one tool alone may no longer give you a complete insight. Stalking your competition does not mean you must succeed as it can be a mind freak. But spying on your competition can give you a bit of competitive edge in your niche market.
Marketing tools come in to help solve the complex factors affecting how we do research and make use of our research findings as internet marketers. The internet has grown so extensively that searching for something is more important than ever before. You must never be scared of competition. Instead embrace it, use it to empower your performance and the best way to do that is by spying on your competitions.
Today, you can use the same tool that helps you monitor your website performance to also gather information on your competition. Some of these tools you are already familiar with and some you may not have heard of before until now.
Find the best tools out there from the list below:
I just started using Jaaxy and it is my favorite. It’s on my top list because it is simply the best. You get to play around with a lot of features in Jaaxy as it is really a one box solution to all your internet marketing problems.
How to use it:
- You can totally reverse engineer any successful website right down to the keyword density, meta tags, Alexa rank, content insight and backlink insight. With Jaaxy, you will notice that to be a “success” you must first understand “success”.
- You can gather information on your competition from different search engines with different rankings. If you do not know how ranking factor contribute to ranking on Google or which one will rank on Bing and Yahoo, Jaaxy os the right tool.
- With Jaaxy you are going to efficiently analyze rankings across all search engines.
Jaaxy has free starter member pack with 30 free searches which basically gives you everything the pro and enterprise package will give you but with fewer search results. To unleash the beast behind Jaaxy, you will need to go premium. You can also read the full review of Jaaxy here if you want to know how it works.
SEMrush is one of the biggest keyword research tool found online. It has been around for ages and still powers websites to success with its dynamism. It uses three powerful elements to empower your website. These elements are analytical reports, tools, and projects.
Under this element, you will find features like:
- Organic search
- Advertising search
- Display advertising
- Keyword research
- And product listing ads
Under Its Tools You Will Find:
- Keyword Difficulty
- Domain Vs Domain
- Keyword magic tool
- My reports
Under Projects You Will Find:
- Position tracking
- Site audit
- Social media tracker
- Social media poster
- Brand monitoring
- On page SEO checker
- Backlink audit tool
- Organic traffic analyzer
- Content analyzer
- PPC keyword tool
SEMrush has a 7 days free trial if you want to check it out.
Spyfu is one of my top rated keyword tool plus competition spying tool online. Spyfu brilliantly exposes the search marketing secret strategy of your competition. Especially the most successful ones.
With Spyfu, you can see every keyword your competitor have ever bought on Google, and every ad test they ‘ve run and use that parameter to do better than them.
With the great feature, you can:
- Monitor PPC of your competitors
- Find competitors Adword campaign and Ad test history
- Find competitors’ keyword you don’t already have already
- Check for PPC negative match with recommendations
- Do PPC Ad rank tracker
- Use Adwords competitor keyword spy tool
- And so many more …
The great thing about Spyfu is that no matter what plan you choose, you will get unlimited access to all the data you want.
How Much Does It Cost?
They have a basic monthly plan for $39 per month subscription, professional plan for $78 per month but you will $38 for the first month, Then thereafter, it is $78 per month. And then the “Team” plan which costs $299 per month.
And yes it has a free trial and you can check it out here on their website
4. Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is probably the best free competition spying tool you can ever get online that is totally free for life. It is solid, complete and has so many features. The only challenge is there is so many information you have to manually sieve through to get what you want. That is if you have the time and patient. Otherwise, it is next to the best thing that ever happens to content marketing, Ad placement, advertising and pay per click campaigns online.
You can check it out here for free
4. Google Search Operator
This is another great tool by Google that can help you a thorough insight into how your competitors are doing and how you too can leverage on that. I decided to make it on my list because it is a great tool and it is owned by Google hence you will be playing on their platform.
Just like Adword planner, Google search operator goes deep into backlinks but the downside is there is again too much information to digest manually. Plus you have to really know what you are looking for or have a bit of a coding experience in other to enjoy the full potential. For me, as long as it is free to use, I will recommend it.
Try it out here for free
Backlinkspy can be an appropriate addition to Ahref or Majestic because of the feature it has which other doesn’t. Maybe it because it allows you to identify the best angle to place your keyword for an instant winning result.
Once you know where your competition is getting their backlink from, you can totally reverse engineer their strategy and make it your success with Backlinkspy.
The great thing about this tool is that it comes with a tailor-made training the will help you understand how to create an effective backlinking strategy to grow your traffic.
What you will be getting alongside the above includes:
- Backlink research at warp speed
- International: for all countries and languages
- Superior and unrestricted backlink data analysis
- Find the most valuable backlink in just seconds
How Much Doest Backlinkspy Cost?
Backlinspy has three plans. Each plan has monthly and year package with it. These are:
- Personal monthly $50 per month and $499 per year which is 30% savings from $600 original price
- PRO plan which is deemed the Best Value comes at $90 per month and $699 per year which is 30% savings from $1,080 original price.
- Agency plan which is $300 per month and $2,999 per year saving you 30% from the original price of $3,600
The downside is that it hasn’t got a free trial but they have a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not happy with your purchases. You can give it try here on their website
6. SEO SpyGlass Professional
This is definitely your one tool for all things backlinks, link research, link clean up and competitive analysis.SEO SpyGlass pro is a downloadable software which you can easily get by simply entering your name and email on their website. Why it made my list was because it has more components than other tools meaning you can do quite a lot as I just mentioned above.
SEO spyglass pro can boast of over 2 million very happy users currently enjoying the tool. The following features set it apart from others.
- Competitor’s link revealed
- Real-time link checker
- Custome backlink report
- Power analytics
- Anti-Penguin link auditor and cleanup
One great thing that differentiates this too from other is that the owners (SEO PowerSuit) built in a link explorer which is unique to this tool. This is to make sure that your list of backlink is unbeatable. The tool also lets you pull links directly from Google Analytics and Google search console. No other tools can do this on the net.
How Much Is SEO SpyGlass Professional?
SEO spyglass profession costs £107.25 in English pounds. If you convert this to your local currency that is how much it cost depending on the exchange rate as at purchase time. SEO Spyglass is very suitable for website owners and webmasters.
They have a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not happy with your purchases and yes there a free trial too on their website
The following are what you are getting for your money
- Find and analyze ALL backlinks that point to a website.
Take advantage of SEO SpyGlass’s huge backlink index to find all backlinks that point to your or your competitor’s website.
- Run a complete anti-penalty link audit.
Detect harmful links in your backlink profile to protect your site from Google’s penalty.
- Compare backlink profiles of several websites.
Compare backlinks of up to 5 websites in one convenient dashboard.
- Save and load your link research projects.
You’ll be able to access your backlink history any time you want.
- Schedule automatic link checks.
Your backlink checks will run on auto-pilot on the predefined dates and times.
- Create professional backlink reports for clients.
With the Enterprise license, you can create reports in both HTML and PDF to print them out, send them via email, or publish them to the Web.
8. SEO SpyGlass Enterprise
This is another product owned by SEO PowerSuit. It is an extension of SEO spyglass professional and why it made my list is because it is a totally different tool which caters to professional optimizers and SEO companies. This means if you are running large SEO companies or you are an SEO agency with large clientele base, then this product is perfect you.
It costs £259.75 in pound Sterlings so you need to check that with your local currency to see how much it is for you. You can check it out on their website and also get your hand on the free trial just to see how it works.
9. SEO PowerSuit Rank Tracker Professional
Rank Tracker professional literally has limitless features. It researches keywords and analysis them as well. Over 2 million people are already using Rank Tracker from SEO PowerSuite who also owns the tool. It is a powerful tool to track rankings of any website in this instance your competitor.
Other cool things you can do with it are:
- You can do a geo-specific ranking for any location
- All your favorite keyword research tool are integrated into this tool: competition researcher, AdWord keyword planner, Google Trends, Autocomplete, etc.The rank tracker will automatically group them by topic so you can analyze and target the entire keyword group instead of doing it one by one.
- You can calculate keyword difficulty for every term, which is a complex metric that looks into all SEO strength and weakness of your top 10 competitors.
- It can truly custom your ranking reports
Rank Tracker professional cost only £107.25 in pounds and it is perfect for website owners and webmasters. The good is that you can totally try Rank Tracker for an unlimited test drive for free here with just your name and email address.
10. SEO PowerSuit Rank Tracker Enterprise
This is an upgrade from the Rank Tracker professional. The Rank Tracker enterprise is the full and complete tool with a full capacity feature designed for big SEO companies and agencies whole handly larger client volumes.
You can monitor your clients’ major search engines for an unlimited number of keyphrase and in 568 international and local search engines very quickly.
Rank Tracker enterprise costs £259.75 and again you can test Rank Tracker for free here
11. Traffic Analysis (KeywordExposeNetwork)
There are three major benefits of traffic analysis. These are:
- Know where your visitors are coming from.
- Detailed analysis of your ranking with the help of SECockpit and Rank Tracker.
- Examine your competition and win new customers for you.
No installation is required as the tool a web-based software. All data included. No other account or subscription required and there is a 30-day money back guarantee.
It comes three plan package which are:
- Personal Plan which cost $30 monthly and £249 yearly saving you 30% off $360 original price.
- PRO Plan which is considered as the “Best Value” costs $60 monthly and $499 yearly saving you 30% off the original price of $729
- Agency Plan costs $120 per month and $999 yearly saving you 30% off original price of $1,440.
You can start your risk-free account for 30 days and take it for a test drive.
12. Magic Submitter
Magic Submitter levels the playing field and gives you the ability to drive thousands of new customers to your website 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You’ll get your site ranked at the top of Google 10x faster than you normally would.
Magic Submitter membership gives you:
- Magic Submitter software
- Free Interactive forum
- Free software updates
- Free support desk help and assistance
There is $4.95 trial for the first month after which it cost $67 each month after. There is a 30-day money back guarantee for all purchases. Meaning it only cost $4.95 to try it out. You can check it out here on the website.
13. Link Pipeline
The main competitive advantage this tool has is its automation capability. It goes beyond your competitors and it sees what Google is expecting from your website and it makes it happen with reputable links.
You don’t have to be a tech expert or computer guru to know how it works. Just chose which plan suits you, insert your website link and Link Pipeline do the rest automatically.
It has three plan packages:
- Basic plan gives you 3,000 URLs processed every month and costs $27 monthly.
- An advanced plan gives you 6,000 URLs every month and costs $47 monthly.
- The elite plan gives you 15,000 URLs processed every month. Your URLs up to 300,000 times and costs $97 monthly
You can visit their website here to check it out. They also have good refund policy should you change your mind.
14. Backlink Beast
This is another powerful tool you can use to gain more insight on your competition and do better than them. The tool is dead simple to use and yet very powerful in delivering results. It also fouse on automation. Meaning you don’t have to sit and wait for things to start up. This also means:
- Automatic account creation of 1000’s accounts on the fly
- Automatic submission of your recent content
- Automatic anchor text diversity
- Automatic link report generated for you after each successful submission.
Let me quickly point out that Backlink Beast is a PC-based software that is compatible with Windows XP, Vista 7 and 8. For Mac users, you will need Window emulator like www.parallels.com or www.winehq.org to run the software.
How Much Does Backlink Beast Cost?
The software cost involves 2 plan package.
- Monthly plan for $7 first month only $67 per month thereafter.
- And a 50% discount on yearly plan one-time payment of just $397, considered to be the best value.
They have excellent 100% no question asked 60-day money back guarantee if you are not happy. There is a dedicated frequently asked question page and there are help and support page for further inquiries.
Also, you get access to an in-depth video training center to help you get started. You can visit their website here if you to check it out.
15. Monitor Backlink
For me, this tool comes with the best deal so far next to Jaaxy. Why? You have the opportunity to try the whole full power of the monitor backlinks software free for full 30 days. No payment or credit card details required.
Monitor Backlinks plans include:
- Automatic verification
- Keyword rank checking
- Email alerts
- SEO metrics from multiple sources
- Backlink management
- In-depth backlink reports
- Link Disavowal
- And Bulk link import
The plans come in 4 folds and these are:
- Startup plan costs $25 per month
- Freelancer plan for $48 per month
- A small business plan which is highly recommended for $90 per month
- Agency plan for SEO agencies with huge client base costs $144 per month
They also have yearly plan respectively to all the plans and they all come with 17% discount off the original price. They also have a money back guarantee policy with great help and support system in place. You can visit their website for your 30 days free trial here.
16. Easy Backlink
Easy Backlink is 100% web-based, easy to use with one main objective of helping you outrank your competition on Google and all other search engines.
Instead of manually creating 150 accounts on all social media and wasting time posting to them, Easy Backlink does this for automatically once. It is compatible with any device and you can manage your account from any part of the world as long as you have access to the internet.
The tool comes with 3 package plan which are:
- Dominate your niche monthly basic plan for $9 per month
- Save massive time and money plan for $67 per month
- Save over 50% on yearly plan for $399 yearly
There is 100% money back guarantee and also a frequently asked question page with support center for more help and support. Visit their website here for information.
17. Index Nuke
Index Nuke is a very solid backlink indexer that when in its simplest form, can compete with all its competitors and beat them in most cases. The platinum version takes indexing process many steps further using “BRUTE FORCE” indexing modules in the cloud.
You can totally “Brute Force” your backlink submission with the power of their desktop software plus hybrid-cloud.
Index Nuke features include:
- Maximum activation
- Unlimited campaign
- Intelligent sitemap
- 3rd party API integration
- Intelligent RSS Feed
- Brute Force modules
- Intelligent 301 Redirect
- Link Ping Modules
- Unlimited campaign
- Drip schedules
There is two version of this software, first is the Pro version desktop based on one-time payment of $77 or 50 RIPPLE XRP (one-time payment) for those with cryptocurrency.
The second is a Platinum version with both desktop and cloud-based which costs $77 one time payment plus $15.97 monthly subscription or a lifetime one payment of $297 (lifetime). Or 200 RIPPLE XRP (lifetime).
Quick Note: The software is not compatible with Mac but requires NET Framework 4.5 or above. There is 100% 60-day money back guarantee if you are not happy. Visit their website to check it out.
18. SwissMadeMarketing Rank Track
SwissMadeMarketing Rank Tracker is a precise rank tracking management software that automatically keeps track of your search engine ranking position. Thereby helping you stay informed and on top trends with the competition.
Three main features:
- Ranking by a city which is perfect for local (SEO) business
- International for all countries and languages
- No domain limits and can accommodate different domain
- Exact results and it checks up to 100th position in search results
- Daily and automatic whether you are logged in or not
- And finally, it is cloud based meaning you don’t have to download anything
What does it cost?
The software comes with three plan packages:
- Personal plan for $40 monthly payment and, or $399 yearly payment
- Best Value Pro plan for $70 monthly payment or $699 yearly
- Agency plan for SEO companies with a huge client, $100 or $999 yearly
they have a good support system in place with a risk-free 30-day money back guarantee. You can visit their website for more information. You can actually get SwissMadeMarketing Rank Tracker for free when you go for SECockpit keyword research tool owned by the same company.
- Competitive analysis
- Keyword research
- Backlink research
- Content research
- Rank tracking
- Web monitoring
It as a 7 day trial for just $7 which gives you full access to all tools and features of any chosen plan.
With Majestic, you are getting:
- Site Explorer
- Top million sites
- Free browser plugin
- Create campaign
- Free data for your website
Check out their website for more and you can sign up for free just to get started on this one.
21. Rank Signals
Rank Signal Uses the following tools to help you stay ahead of your competition:
- Competiton analysis
- Link signal and metrics
- NoFollow and DoFollow links
- Social metrics
- Identify your bad link
- Find deleted and broken links
The launched a brand new version of Rank Signal and you can check out the website for more information.
22. Simply Measured
Simply Measured is simply an end to end social media management insightful tool that will help you stay on top of competition trends. It uses three main variables mainly:
- Listens to social media conversations
- Analyse social performances
- Manage social communication
They have recently been acquired by the Sprout Social which is a huge success for the Simply Measured software owners. You can visit their website for more and also if you want to request a free demonstration
SimilarWeb is a pretty solid piece of software you can use to immediately stay ahead of the competition. With SimilarWeb, you can:
- Benchmark against your competition and industry
- Reveal your competition’s analytics and online strategy
- Identify new and emerging trends as well as new players in the industry
- Identify new prospects, partners, leads, and even affiliates for your business
- Understand your customer behavior, intents, and journey
Who is SimilarWeb for?
- Business Analysts
- Marketing Team
- Sales Team
The great customer care and support system and yes, you can check their website and maybe create a free account to test it out.
With Buzzsumo, you can find influencers to promote your content and you can analyze any topic or even your competitors so you can stay ahead.
Features include projects, content research, influencers, and monitoring. It also does the following:
- Most Shared
- Trending know
- Content analyzer
- Facebook analyzer
- And question analyzer
There is a free trial if you want to test it out.
As you can see, Moat measures real-time attention analytics over 33 billion times a day. Anyone can use it. It uses real-time data, works across multi-platform to provide you with actionable marketing analytics you can deploy to beat any competition.
You can visit their website for more information and you also request a demo to try it out.
One great thing about Mozbar is that it gives you instant metric results while viewing any page or SERP.Its features include:
- Custome search
- Page overlay
- Metrics that matter
- On-page highlighter
- Data exporter
- Authority scores
It is a downloadable software and you can download it for free here on the website or you can start a 30-day free trial just to test it out.
27. Built with
With Builth With, you know everything you need to know about your competitor as long as they are using the technology of some sort. Things like: Market share, backlinks, country analytics, etc. It is a great handy tool for spying on your competition. Visit their website for more information.
With iSpionage, you can:
- Quickly find a profitable keyword with competition PPC keyword lists
- Download competitors SEO keyword list
- Land more clients with white label competitors reports
- Find out how much your competitors are spending per month Adword.
- Learn how other advertisers groups their ads
They have a brilliant help and support. You can visit their website for more information
29. Traffic Travis
With Traffic Travis, you can:
- Perform a full SEO health check on any website
- Uncover technical mistakes that may affect your website
- Find out why competitors outranked you and then beat them
- Keep tabs on your competitors to spot keywords you should target
- Monitor your search engine ranking so you know where to focus more of your effort
- Find respected link partners and build quality links easily
The software is downloadable and is currently boasting of over 400,000 webmasters worldwide. Youcan check out their website or download a free copy to test it out here
Here you have it. The top 29 tools for spying on your competitions. Any of this tool was handpicked and I strongly believe you will find one that suits your business need.
This is one of the longest articles I have ever written and I hope you find something valuable today. If you are still struggling to rank on Google and you also want to know how to get in the first page of Bing and Yahoo with contents, I got you covered.
If you have any question or comment please do so in the box provided below. If you enjoyed the article please help us share it on with your social network.